PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT is growing fast. We are looking for game changers to join our #SweatSisterhood.
There are five core values that potential team captains should have.
1. Be passionate about health, fitness, friendship, and philanthropy.
From inception, PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT has had three simple equations:
Uniting + Empowering Girls Through Fitness = PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT
Fitness + Friendship = FUN
Get Fit + Give Back = SWEAT MAKES CENTS
It’s super important for girls at all fitness levels to make health a priority and support one another. Our mission is to unite women through a #SweatSisterhood, show the many faces of fitness, and change the ingrained, negative stereotypes that sweat holds.
2. Be innovative.
Our #SweatSquad must be creative, introduce new ideas, and be original.
3. Be humble.
No matter your economic background, title, age, education, or if your favorite team won a national championship last season there is no “I” in TEAM. We respect and value everyone’s opinions and work together to move beyond our previous successes.
4. Ability to inspire.
Through in-person and virtual support, we find creative and innovative ways to motivate ourselves and encourage this community.
5. Get ish done!
We thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and it is not easy. After the hard work is done, it’s all worth it when thousands of girls are inspired (and you had fun doing it).
Our team captains are the heart of National PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT and serve as the *presidents* of their PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT teams (aka Chapters - a student organization at universities). They are the leaders of the PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT take over on their campus. They host fun fitness parties weekly called SWEAT SHOWS, support campus ambassadors, broker partnerships with on-campus organizations and local fitness studios, and serve as a spokesperson for their college team in the media.
WE ARE SEEKING ENTHUSIASTIC, CREATIVE, PASSIONATE HARDWORKING COLLEGE-AGED WOMEN READY TO SWEAT, INSPIRE + MAKE FITNESS FUN FOR GIRLS.
// WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR //
- Must be a sophomore or junior to apply. Freshman and Seniors at existing chapters should apply to be an ambassador here.
- Outgoing -- always greeting people with a smile
- An advocate for childhood obesity prevention
- Loves meeting new people [#SweatSisterhood]
- Not afraid to fundraise [#SweatMakesCents]
- A great communicator
- Adaptable to any situation + keeps cool under pressure
- Comfortable working with university officials
- Excellent time management skills
- Social media savvy
- Experience in Google Drive
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to motivate others
// RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE //
- Attending a 3-day Virtual Training course
- Establishing a PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Chapter on their campus [and leads it for one year, minimum]
- Participating in conference calls with Nationals once per month
- Leading a 5 person Executive Team
- Liaison between PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT National + their university
- Represent your PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Chapter in local and national press
- Pay $55 chapter fee + $20 annual membership to cover the cost of a t-shirt and administrative fees
// WHAT ARE THE PERKS //
- Getting to be a part of the #PrettyGirlsSweat Dream Team [#SweatSisterhood]
- Making lifelong friends and connecting with SWEAT SISTERS around the nation
- Featured PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Captain Bio on our site
- Leaving a powerful legacy on your campus that will live on long after you graduate
- Inspiring thousands of PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT sisters — you will change the game for girls globally
- Priority volunteer opportunities at PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT's national events
- MAKING FITNESS FUN!
// HOW TO APPLY //
Applications for becoming a PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Captain are open year round -- we carefully select 10-20 PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Captains during March for the fall semester and during October for the spring semester. If you would like an application to become a PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Captain, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance is a three round process.
Round 1: Turn in your #Flawless application
Round 2: Google hangout or in-person interview.
Round 3: Once offered a Captain position, you will go through a 3-day Virtual Training + given all of the tools you need to help you start a successful PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Team at your university.
APPLY TODAY! EMAIL US TO RECEIVE AN APPLICATION. FIRST ROUND OF APPS ARE DUE BY JULY 12TH FOR FALL AND FINAL ROUND OF APPS ARE DUE BY OCTOBER 1ST FOR SPRING AT 11:59PM ET.
DO YOU KNOW A COLLEGE STUDENT WHO WOULD BE A PASSIONATE HEALTH LEADER?
// FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS //
What is a PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Team?
A PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Team is a sweat sisterhood of fearless females who are passionate about health and fitness. These game changers are health leaders on campus and introduce their peers to non-traditional ways to sweat, male lifelong friends and have fun. It is a registered student organization at universities run entirely by female students. A typical size of a PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Chapter during its first semester is 50 girls. Each week PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Teams link with on-campus organizations, local health + fitness studios, volunteer instructors, and PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT sisters. From Hip Hop dancing, yoga, field days, "What The Health?" forums to a cooking class — each week helps girls explore fun ways ignite their fitness journey. Before starting a team, scroll down to see if there is already a team on your campus.
There is a team on my campus already. What do I do now?
Congrats! You'll have new Sweat Sisters in no time. Click "Join A Team" to apply to become an ambassador on your campus.
How can I increase my chances of being selected as the next PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Captain?
If you want to launch PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT on your campus we highly encourage you to join the community as a Sweat Sister so you can get in the mix + learn what it really means to be a PRETTY GIRL who SWEATS. No matter where you are in the country you will have access to an inspiring group of girls who share the same passion for healthy living as you. It's also important to have tons of interest in PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT on your campus. With your application, we ask you to gather 50 email addresses from interested students. More than 50 names improve your odds of being selected. We are better together!
What is it like to be a Captain of a PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT Dream Team?
7 of our celebrated captains keep it all the way real about their commitment to PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT. Read what these game changers had to say here. Throw your hearts in the sky if you feel the vibe!
If I am a college graduate or a female executive, can I start a team or join a team?
We are looking for amazing women like yourself to lead or join PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT teams in cities nationwide. If you are interested in making history with us, learn more about "City Teams" here.