After sifting through photos we were tagged in on Instagram and selecting finalists, our Sweat Sisters made it clear who should be crowned our photo contest winner for February! Fitness director Jaime Georgi has earned the rights to the title this month and her winning photo is now prominently featured on our homepage. We recently chatted with the Collins, Mississippi native about her love for breaking a sweat and much more. Keep reading to get to know Jaime Georgi!
1. Tell us how your winning photo came about?
After creating the @electrik_fit page, my close friend/sister @monicablackshire reached out and suggested I take professional photos. This was actually our first shot. I was in a little pain due to an injury but we pushed through, not to mention that we had a late start and didn’t think this photo was going to come out well because of lighting...but it turned out to be one of my favorites.
2. Please briefly share your fitness journey with us.
I have always been active. Whether it be jumping off furniture as a kid, to getting involved in several extracurricular activities and sports growing up. It all carried over into adulthood. Also, having a family history of different illnesses and hitting low points in my life were motivational factors to keep me going as well. I have evolved from an “I’m going to workout” mindset to “I’m about to TRAIN,” thanks to having amazing trainers like @mikebradshawsr and @ceceliapbradshaw!
3. We believe fitness + friendship = FUN! What is your favorite group fitness workout?
Okay, so this is a close one. I would have to say it’s between Buti Yoga, which is Power Yoga + Afro Dance + HIIT, and anything from the #AssaultSeries.
4. While working out is important, so is eating the right foods. What is your go-to pre-workout meal? How do you refuel after a workout?
For pre-workout, I opt for either my Moringa Fruit Smoothie or ElectrikFit mix. They provide just the right amount of carbs and protein I need for energy/endurance. For post workout, I opt for a fruit combination with 30-40 grams of plant protein with a water base or plant milk. *Recipes are found on my IG.
5. What is one item that is always in your gym bag?
@bforcebands! I don’t always make it to the gym and love the versatility they provide with my training. When I travel, having these bands makes it easy to still get a quick one in and they are awesome quality!
6. Which songs/artists would we find on your workout playlist?
My playlist is very eclectic. I always keep my Hip Hop (old school & new) in rotation from Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Future to Mobb Deep, etc. Of course I have a little Latino flavor in their as well from Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee, J Balbina & Willy William. And I wind down/ stretch to The Weeknd.
7. What are your top 3 fitness Instagram accounts to follow?
Actually, I have quite a few that I really love and get a lot of fitness inspiration from. However, these three are my go to’s: @mikebradshawsr, @antanique, and @msnicolefit. I love their energy and explosive, yet versatile training styles. The challenges are a plus too. They add a little sizzle to your regimen!
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to learn about you?
Probably that I grew up on a farm with my grandparents. I truly think it’s the reason I was able to go plant-based without hesitation. I am returning to my roots minus the meat.
9. What are your top three goals you hope to accomplish in life?
- To be who my Creator created me to be while spreading good energy. Life’s not solely about us as individuals.
- To be able to inspire & provide information to our brothers & sisters to live their best life as a whole. From fitness, what we eat, to how we think, etc.
- To travel the world and interact with different cultures
10. What does PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT mean to you?
PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT means to me: Breaking down the misconception that because you may look a certain way means you cannot get down and dirty to reach your sweat goals with the best of them. It unites us all to make getting healthy fun and uplifting while creating awareness! So it is less about looks and more about the empowerment to the sisterhood of “Sweat!” #Health #Sweat #Sisterhood
11. How can readers stay in touch with you on social media?
Definitely, follow and reach out to me on IG @electrik_fit or email me at Jaime.firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, I am featured in the #AssaultSeries online training program created by Mike and Cecelia Bradshaw, which will be available Monday, February 12th (sales going on now!!!). For more information about this program, please CLICK HERE and follow @teamtrainhard. *Other projects are on the way! Website/vlog coming soon.
Do you want to enter our next photo contest, get featured on our homepage for a month, win prizes, and score an exclusive interview? Follow us on Instagram at @prettygirlssweat and on the first day of each month we post our latest photo contest. Enter early by tagging us with your favorite active photo of yourself!