We're back with our latest winner in our photo contest series! And taking home the title this month is none other than Jacqueline Dow! The 32-year-old, who grew up in Chicago but calls Atlanta home, is the Planning and Partnership Director for Cobb and Douglas Public Health. Aside from her directorial duties, she is also the owner of the athleisure apparel company J. Dow Fitness, which is known for its cute apparel sets, sports bras, leggings, and tops.
How does she manage it all? The fitness fanatic told us that she's been able to accomplish many of her personal and professional goals by living by the quote: "Your dreams can become a reality. All you have to do is TRY." AMEN to that! To learn more about Dow, we caught up with her and got the scoop on everything she's about — from her inspiring fitness journey to her personal goals for 2019 and beyond. Ahead, learn more about February's photo contest winner, and prepare to get motivated!
1. Tell us how your winning photo came about?
The winning photo was one of my favorite group shots captured during the most recent J. Dow Fitness photo shoot!
2. Please briefly share your fitness journey with us.
I’ve always had a passion for health and fitness. In high school, I ran track and field, which is something that has always stuck with me even during college. As an adult, health and fitness have just become a part of my life and daily routine.
3. We believe fitness + friendship = FUN! What is your favorite group fitness workout?
My favorite group workout is indoor cycling with Dwayne @readysetgreat.
4. While working out is important, so is eating the right foods. What is your go-to pre-workout meal? How do you refuel after a workout?
I like to start each day with a protein shake using Raw Organic Protein Powder by Garden of Life. After each workout, I typically refuel my body with a banana or mixed nuts.
5. What is one item that is always in your gym bag?
I never leave my Beats by Dre headphones behind!
6. What are your top 3 fitness Instagram accounts to follow?
7. What is one thing people would be surprised to learn about you?
I recently graduated with my doctorate in public health degree! [Editorial Note: CONGRATS!!!]
8. What are your top three goals you hope to accomplish in life?
- Identify innovative strategies to address the disproportionate health disparities that negatively impact women among of color.
- Continue publishing scientific manuscripts that identify risk factors that negatively impact pregnancy and birth outcomes among women of color.
- Increase brand recognition of J. Dow Fitness through authentic and genuine engagement.
9. What does PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT mean to you?
PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT represents the importance of fitness, nutrition, and chronic disease prevention among all women regardless of age. This organization has created a space for women to feel comfortable being their authentic selves and sweat is whatever way makes them happy – dance, running or even powerlifting!
10. Since PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT, what is your favorite deodorant?
My favorite deodorant is Revive Dry Spray Antiperspirant by Dove.