If you’ve ever taken a Zumba class with Amber Gardenhire, then you’ll know that she is one of the hypest fitness trainers around. The Atlanta-based workout expert has been a member of our sweat sisterhood for several years–hosting her signature Trap Body Blast workout at PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT fest 2019 and her Zumba with Amber class at our virtual anniversary party this year. When she’s not leading high-energy sweat sessions, Gardenhire can be found dropping jaw-dropping fitness pictures on the ‘gram. One of her most recent energetic shots received over 1,000 likes on our page–which earned her the bragging rights of being our November photo contest winner.
We recently caught up with Gardenhire to learn more about her life as an inspiring fitness professional. From her favorite workouts to her gym bag essentials, she shares it all with us.
1. Tell us how your winning photo came about?
That picture was taken in a photoshoot to promote "No Waist November," which is my 8-week online training and meal program. I normally take pictures smiling and laughing, but for this shoot I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and try something more edgy. I was super nervous about it, but I trusted my photographer Geeno Mizelli and it worked.
2. We believe fitness + friendship = FUN! What is your favorite group fitness workout?
Dancing is my favorite group fitness workout. Most of my friends come from a dance background and we’ve been making up dances together since we were kids. That’s why I started teaching Zumba, so I could get all my girls together and just have a great time while staying fit.
3. While working out is important, so is eating the right foods. What is your go-to pre-workout meal?
My favorite pre-workout meal is a whole grain cinnamon raisin bagel, one over easy egg, with spinach, chicken sausage, and apple butter.
4. How do you refuel after a workout?
After a workout, I love to have a protein smoothie.
5. What is one item that is always in your gym bag?
I have to have my Beats by Dre headphones in my gym bag at all times. I can’t get through cardio without a good playlist or the Joe Budden Podcast.
6. What are your top 3 fitness Instagram accounts to follow?
7. What is one thing people would be surprised to learn about you?
People would be surprised that I’m super shy and always nervous to meet new people.
8. What are your top three goals you hope to accomplish in life?
My top three goals in life are to build a brand that is extremely successful and impactful, buy a huge house big enough for more kids and huge parties for family and friends, and to be a great mommy.
9. What does PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT mean to you?
PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT means that women are more than just pretty girls. We are strong, resilient, bad ass bosses, and PRETTY. We are and can do everything.
10. Since PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT, what is your favorite deodorant?
Dove Powder Fresh is my fave deodorant.
11. How can readers stay in touch with you on social media?
You can follow me on Instagram @iamsteelefit.