As a nurse, staying healthy and promoting healthy lifestyles is of the utmost importance to Julia Eze. Over the years, the Atlanta-based health professional has managed to do both on Instagram where nearly 19k people check in for motivation with each post. We recently caught up with Eze to discuss everything from her daily habits to this year's upcoming PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT fest on Sept. 15 in ATL, where she will serve as one of our Team Captains. Read on to find out what we learned from our exclusive chat!
1. At what point in your life did you commit to living a healthy lifestyle?
In the past few years, I have made efforts to be more intentional about creating a healthy yet realistic lifestyle that puts my health front and center; but make no mistake this is an ongoing process.
2. Because of the wellness content you post, people have resorted to you for advice. How has documenting your fitness journey and connecting with thousands of people online helped you along your fitness journey?
Being transparent about my fitness journey has helped to not only hold myself accountable but help inspire and educate others along the way.
3. Some Sweat Sisters love hitting the gym solo and some gravitate towards group fitness. What does your workout routine look like each week?
I definitely go harder when I have a workout partner (back to that accountability piece). My focus can change from week to week depending on what I'm targeting; however, most of my workouts include weight training and HIIT.
4. When you hit the gym, what are some essentials that you ALWAYS bring with you?
I always take pre-workout [supplement] for that much-needed boost of energy, lots of water, and a bomb playlist!
5. Eating right is equally as important as breaking a sweat. What healthy meals and snacks might we find you munching on?
Pan-seared salmon and sautéed spinach is one of my favorite go-to, high-protein meals. I drink high-protein shakes and snack on healthy fats such as almonds and avocado.
6. Can you share some of your go-to skin care and hair products you use to refresh after an intense sweat session?
I'm natural, so I wear a lot of protective styles (braids, twists, etc.). I try to drink lots of water, especially before a workout session. I absolutely love cocoa butter and like to moisturize my skin with it.
7. As a Team Captain, how do you plan to keep your group pumped up during each fun and motivating workout?
I plan to keep things upbeat by motivating my group and pushing them to their limits!
8. What are you most looking forward to at this year’s PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT fest?
I'm looking forward to interacting with all the Sweat Sisters and enjoying the vibe of everyone coming together for such a great cause.
9. If you could give one piece of advice to women looking to live a more active life, what would it be?
Go for it! Even if its only one day a week, commit to it and own it!
10. What does PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT mean to you?
To me, PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT means it’s cute to be fit and healthy, so let’s get into it!
Listen to Julia's go-to workout playlist on Spotify!