This awesome Halloween treat may take a bit of effort, but the process is a lot of fun. Bendy straws are recommended for the wormy look. Make sure you put the bendy portion of the straw in the bottom of your container. It may look creepy, but it's really tasty and creative. We here at PGS give it an A+!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
2 packs of Raspberry / Cherry Jello
1 package unflavored gelatin (This adds extra firmness)
3/4 cups of whip cream
3 cups of boiling water
15 drops of green food coloring
100 bendy straws
A tall container (1 quart or 1 liter carton of milk or a long container)
WHAT TO DO:
1. Combine gelatin boiling water in a bowl.
2. Let it cool to a lukewarm temperature and then add the whipping cream and about 15 drops of green food coloring.
3. Gather your straws (straighten them)and put them into the container.
* Note: It’s important that the straws fit tightly together in the container, so the Jello stays in the straws. For this reason, a 1 liter carton is recommended. If you have a bigger container, a rubber band around the straws is very helpful. You can also add more straws.
4. Add the gelatin mixture to the straw-filled container and let it set until firm.
5. There are various ways you can get the worms out of the straws. You can roll a rolling pin over the straws and squeeze them out or you can hold the straws over warm water. The worms will slip right out.