For personality Christina “Ms. Basketball” Granville, her whole life revolves around making sports and fitness fun. At previous Sweat Shows in particular, the model, actress, and veteran hooper has done exactly that by showcasing her best dance moves, turning up to the music, and giving her all during workouts.
In just three weeks on Sept. 15, Granville will join us at PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT fest Atlanta to empower a group of over 700 Sweat Sisters. Yes, you read that right — 700! To build anticipation for the day-long fitness experience, she recently sat down to discuss everything from what fans can expect to her favorite gym essentials to how you start developing your own healthy habits. Read on to get the scoop!
1. As someone who has built a successful brand as a fitness advocate, at what point did you fully commit to living a healthy lifestyle?
I became committed to living a healthy lifestyle after I got out of college. I’ve always been very active in sports. However, once I realized how important it was to actually BE HEALTHY rather than just looking healthy, I became committed to having a better and healthier lifestyle.
2. Given your following on social media, how has documenting your fitness journey and connecting with almost 90,000 people helped you along the way?
Wow, social media has done wonders for my fitness journey. The amount of people I’m able to reach and encourage has been super encouraging for me in itself. I’m able to connect with different fitness enthusiasts all around the country. I’m able to share my journey and workouts — and even learn a few things from people online as well.
3. While some Sweat Sisters love hitting the gym solo, others gravitate more towards group fitness. What does your workout routine look like each week?
My workout routine really depends on if I’m going to have a busy week of traveling or not. If I’m traveling out of town for work, then I usually workout by myself and do cardio, abs, and a lot of dancing. If I’m in town, then I tend to work in a group setting because it’s always so much more fun than just working out alone.
4. When you hit the gym, what are some essentials that you ALWAYS bring with you?
I always have to bring my music, headphones or speaker, and water.
5. Eating right is equally as important as breaking a sweat. What healthy meals and snacks might we find you munching on?
I love fruit! Pineapples, grapes, oranges, and apples are my favorite.
6. What songs do you love to sweat to during your workouts?
I really just rock out to anything — as long as it’s up-tempo.
7. Can you share some of your go-to skin care and hair products you use to refresh after an intense sweat session?
I love [using] Shea Moisture’s facial wash and moisturizer after a good workout. [Both] leave my skin feeling so soft and refreshed. As far as my hair, I try to use as few products as possible since I [sweat] so much. A little bit of coconut oil and castor oil goes a long way for me!
8. As a Team Captain for PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT fest this year, how do you plan to keep your group pumped up?
As a team captain, I plan to keep my team pumped up and motivated my bringing all the crazy energy I have! There will be a lot of dancing, a lot of, "You got this girl; you can do it," and a lot smiles and laughs.
9. What are you looking forward to the most at this year's PGS fest?
I’m looking forward to just being around so many amazing and positive individuals. It’s so important for us women to be a part of great organizations like PGS. They show that you can be beautiful, smart, and still break a sweat!
10. If you could give one piece of advice to women looking to live a more active life, what would it be?
The one piece of advice I would give is to ENJOY the process/journey. Some days will be tougher than others; however, it’s important that you DON’T stop! Find something you love to do that will make you sweat and make sure you have some good music.
11. What does PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT mean to you?
PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT means that although I may be smart, beautiful, and I have a lot of things going on, I’m not afraid to SWEAT!!! It’s all about encouraging one another to get active, stay active, and enjoy the process.