Organization is an important factor to obtaining success at school and in life. So this year you might want to start organizing your locker to excel in the classroom. Don’t know where to begin? No worries, we got you. Check out these five easy steps on how to get your locker on point.
1. Install a shelf in your locker to double the horizontal storage space. You can find a variety of locker shelves and accessories online at stores such as Lockermate.com, StacksAndStacks.com and PotteryBarnTeen.com.
2. Stand your books upright (not stacked) with their spines out to see the titles and grab the book you need quickly.
3. Use a notebook or binder (or section) for each class. Color-code these binders with notebooks and book covers so that everything related to a particular class is the same color.
4. Save space and keep everything accessible by adding mirrors, pencil cups, clocks and picture frames. Many have magnetic attachments.
5. Carry your valuables--cash, laptop computers, digital cameras or MP3 players--with you; don't put them in your school locker. Better yet, leave them at home.