Will I sweat out my silk press if I workout today? Will my curls get frizzy if I do too much cardio? Can I wear my bonnet to the gym? Sweat sisters, we know all about the questions that run through your head before a workout. While working out is important, we understand that your hair is your crown, and you want to protect it by any means. We've got you covered! With these cute, easy, natural hairstyles down below, you'll never have to choose between your hair or the gym ever again!
The Chic Knotted Updo
This simple, 6-step updo will keep your hair out the way during your #SweatSesh, and can easily take you from the gym to the office!
The Classic Halo Braid
We love Halo Braids! Not only do they make great protective styles for the gym, but they also offer a beautiful, regal look that's flattering for all face shapes! Don't worry, creating this look isn't nearly as complicated as you may think!
- Part your hair into two sections. You can do this either down the middle or to the side.
- Begin braiding each section to the scalp.
- Once completed, wrap each braid around your head halo-style. Secure the ends into place with bobby pins that match your hair color.
- Adorn your halo with some fun gold hair cuffs to jazz things up a bit!
The Braided Bun
With this style, your usual updo gets a nice twist—or should we say braid? We know that the regular degular bun can get a bit boring sometimes, so here's the perfect way to spice it up!
- Part your hair into two sections: half up and half down. Secure the bottommost section of your hair with a hair tie to keep it out the way while working with the top.
- Now, part the top section of your hair down the middle into two more sections.
- Braid the two sections onto your scalp, and towards the back.
- Release the bottom section of your hair from the hair tie.
- Combine your two braids with the rest of your hair and form into a bun.
What do you think? Will you be sportin' these styles to the gym this evening? Let us know in the comments below!